The IBF Super middleweight champion, Lucian Bute met the press on Monday April 23rd at West Palm Beach, Florida for a public workout session. Bute is deep in training camp for his upcoming title defense in the UK against Carl Froch. Right here, you can find a collection of Bute workout pictures and quotes, take a look.
Bute Workout Photos
Lucian Bute Quotes
- By saying yes to fight Carl Froch in his hometown, I’m showing the world that I can fight anybody anywhere. I expect a tough fight; I’m working harder at the gym to be ready physically and mentally. I’m really looking forward to defend my Title for the tenth time. it’s going to be an amazing experience!
- I started my training camp about 7 weeks ago and now with just under 5 weeks remaining my training going very well. I am exactly where I should be. The sparring is started too, I have good sparring partners and I’m satisfied.
- While training we recreate the atmosphere of what we expect to hear at the Capital FM Arena of Nottingham. I can’t hear the bell and I can’t even hear my coach talking to me. On May 26th, I will be ready to face not only Carl Froch but also the hostile atmosphere of Froch’s fans!
- I am training in West Palm Beach again for this fight. My team takes me out of my comfort zone every training session. In the coming weeks I will work extra at the gym and during sparring. I am training for a 12 round war so I am sure to have all the energy required to fight Carl Froch in his hometown.
- My objective is to win the fight and stay World champion. I don’t target the KO but if it comes I will jump all over it. A KO would be a terrific ending to my fight.
Lucian Bute’s trainer, Stephan Larouche quotes:
- We had a good start to training camp in February. We are now well into the second phase and concentrating on specific aspects of preparation. The sparring started 3 weeks ago. We leave Florida around mid-May and then travel to England to acclimate, finalize preparations and add the finishing touches before the fight.
- We fully expect Lucian to experience some discomfort on May 26th. Fighting in England will be difficult for him. Winning in Europe as the opposing boxer almost never happens. We recognize we have a huge challenge in front of us but we do have a huge advantage: We are the champion!
- This training camp is much like every other. However, the psychological preparation is different. We started this camp as if we were the challenger. On the evening of May 26th in Nottingham, Lucian will have to play the spoiler. Most of the fans in attendance will be against him. Nobody there other than a few fans will want him to win. This is the first time that Lucian will live this experience. Lucian will have to work harder than he does for his fights in Quebec and if he does, at the end of the evening, he will be the hero of the crowd.
- Carl Froch has many strengths and we have to neutralize them all, as Andre Ward did last December. Froch has an awkward style. Lucian should expect to be hit from unconventional angles: From below, sideways, etc. Rest assured we are training to adapt to all situations.
Tickets for Bute vs. Froch are on sale now priced £80 and £150 from the Capital FM Arena Nottingham website www.capitalfmarena.com and on 08444 124624 – £40, £60, £100 and £200 tickets have sold-out, as have the VIP packages priced at £300. The event will be aired by EPIX in the United States, SKY Sports in England, PPV in Canada (Canal Indigo, Bell TV and SHAW) and live in more than 20 countries across the world, including the Spain, Germany, Russia, Japan and in Scandinavia.