Showtime All Access: Victor Ortiz series set to premiere; watch video previews here

Building off its Emmy® Award-winning campaign in 2011, Showtime Sports will introduce a new documentary series titled All Access in June.

The first installment, ALL ACCESS: Victor Ortiz, will premiere on Wednesday, June 13 at 10 p.m. on Showtime, ahead of the former welterweight world champion’s headlining fight against Josesito Lopez on the June 23 from STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, and in place of the previously announced FIGHT CAMP 360° series on the event.  Following the premiere, ALL ACCESS: Victor Ortiz will re-air multiple times on CBS Sports Network, and the Showtime family of networks and services.

From the network that created the acclaimed FIGHT CAMP 360°, ALL ACCESS will provide viewers with intimate portraits of the most compelling personalities in sports.  Although not limited to the fight game, initial series subjects will take viewers behind the curtain and inside the provocative and often edgy world of boxing and mixed martial arts with virtually unrestricted access as only SHOWTIME can.

“Captivating storylines abound in the world of sports, and ALL ACCESS will illuminate them in a unique and thorough manner,” said Stephen Espinoza, Executive Vice President and General Manager, SHOWTIME Sports. “No longer reserved for blockbuster events, this series will give viewers a behind-the-scenes ‘all access’ look at individual personalities, places and storylines throughout sports like no other show on television.”

All Access Victor Ortiz Video Previews

The 30-minute debut will chronicle the charismatic and hard-hitting welterweight boxer’s journey from his perspective.

“The tumultuous events of the last year of Victor’s career have been documented, but never before from an intimate, first-person perspective,” said Espinoza. “ALL ACCESS: Victor Ortiz will do just that as Victor continues his journey back toward the top of the 147-pound division.  ALL ACCESS will reveal Victor Ortiz as a person, living in the real world with some of the same challenges that we all face in life, and some of the challenges reserved only for his profession.”

In 2011, Ortiz participated in two of the year’s most anticipated bouts: the 2011 Fight of the Year (USA Today, The Ring magazine) where he captured Andre Berto‘s World Boxing Council (WBC) welterweight world championship and a high-profile, controversial knockout loss to Floyd Mayweather on pay per view.  Conversely in 2012, Ortiz participated in two of the year’s most discussed non-bouts: a Feb. 11 rematch against Berto that was postponed when Berto suffered a torn left biceps injury in training camp and the pair’s rescheduled June 23 matchup that was cancelled after Berto failed a pre-fight drug test.

The Saturday, June 23, SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast will be a live three-fight event (SHOWTIME, 9 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast) featuring an all-action 12-round bout between super lightweights Humberto Soto and Lucas Matthysse as well as 10-round fight featuring hard-hitting American heavyweight Chris Arreola.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*