Though he proudly represents his native Puerto Rico every time he steps between the ropes, Miguel Cotto can easily call New York City his second home, as he is unbeaten in nine fights in the Big Apple since turning professional in 2001.
On Saturday, December 1 the former Four-Time and Three-Division World Champion expects to have a full house cheering him on at the “Mecca of Boxing,” Madison Square Garden, as he looks to add another title belt to his collection when he takes on WBA Super Welterweight World Champion Austin “No Doubt” Trout in a fight that will be telecast live on Showtime.
To officially announce this clash of champions, Cotto and Trout will visit New York City and Puerto Rico next week to meet the press and their legions of fans in two press conferences which will be open to the public. Details outlined below:
- Monday, September 24
- Location: El Museo Del Barrio, 1230 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10029
- Note: Fans are encouraged to attend the press conference at the historic theatre at El Museo
- Time: Doors open to public at 11:30 a.m. ET; Press Conference to begin at 12:30 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, September 26
- Location: Anfiteatro Paseo De Las Artes Calle Padial, Caguas, PR 00725
- Note: Fans are encouraged to attend press conference at the the Anfiteatro Paseo De La Artes.
- Time: 5:00 p.m
“Showdown: Cotto vs. Trout” is a 12 round battle between Four-Time and Three-Division World Champion Miguel Cotto and WBA Super Welterweight World Champion Austin Trout taking place on December 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The event is promoted by Miguel Cotto Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions in association with Greg Cohen Promotions, sponsored by Corona and will be telecast live on Showtime.
Tickets priced at $500, $300, $200, $100 and $50, not including applicable service charges and taxes, go on sale on Tuesday, September 25 at 1:00 p.m. ET. They can be purchased at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all TicketMaster outlets, TicketMaster charge by phone (866-858-0008) and online at www.ticketmaster.com or www.thegarden.com.