On Friday night, August 19th, undefeated Mykal Fox will take on Somner Martin in a junior welterweight bout scheduled for eight rounds which will be the main event of a card that will originate from the Crystal City Hilton in Crystal City, Virginia. The card is promoted by King’s Promotions.
Fox of Forestville, Maryland has a record of 10-0 with two knockouts. The 20 year-old will be making his 3rd appearance in 2016 and is coming off a six-round unanimous decision over Jose Valderrama on June 28th in Bethlehem, PA.
Martin of Martinsville, Virginia has a record of 5-2 with three knockouts. This will be Martin’s 3rd fight of 2016. Fox will represent the 3rd undefeated for for Martin. The 29 year-old Martin is coming off a six-round unanimous decision defeat to Kareem Martin (7-0-1) on April 1st in Washington, DC.
In a six-round heavyweight co-feature of undefeated heavyweights, Luther Smith (5-0, 4 KO’s) of Bowie, Maryland will take on Mike Balogun (6-0, 5 KO’s) of Upper Marlboro, Maryland.
In a six-round super middleweight bout, Antowyan Aikens (10-2, 1 KO) of Atlantic City, NJ will fight an opponent to be named.
Also seeing action in a six-round bout will be super middleweight Devar Ferhadi (6-0, 5 KO’s) of Frederick, Maryland taking on an Zachariah Kelly (5-15, 5 KO’s) of Earlsboro, Oklahamoa
In four-round bouts:
- Jordan White (2-0, 2 KO’s) of Washington, DC will take on an opponent to be named in a bantamweight bout.
- Marcus Bates (3-0-1, 3 KO’s) of Washington, DC will fight Daniel Hernandez (0-1-1) of Queens, NY in a featherweight bout,
- Sam Crossed (3-0, 1 KO) of Greenbelt, Maryland will take on Mike Estus (0-3) of Ames, Iowa.
- Colby Madison (2-0, 1 KO) of Owings Mills, Maryland will tangle with an Randy Easton (3-9-2, 3 KO’s) of Sunbury, PA in a heavyweight bout.
- Patrick Rivera of Edgewood, Maryland will make his pro debut when he fights Dustin Caplinger (2-8, 1 KO) of Columbus, OH in a junior middleweight bout.
- Phillip Hooker of Washington, DC will make his pro debut against David Rohn (0-6-1) of Villa Park, IL in a middleweight bout.