Bradley Skeete will return against Brunet Zamora at the SSE Arena, Wembley, on Saturday May 9th. The Penge warrior is on the comeback trail and made a return to the ring in February when he destroyed Anzo Gamgebeli inside a round to move to the WBO number seven world ranking.
It was the first fight back following his very close and controversial points loss decision to Frankie Gavin last November and Skeete proved that he meant business by despatching of the Georgian in quick time.
“Super” Skeete is looking to make quick work of challenger Zamora, but the Italy based Cuban, a tough and experienced former EU Champion and WBA Interim World title challenger, has 31 fights under his belt. Although Zamora has three losses on his record, he has never been stopped and Skeete says he can be the first.
“Zamora’s a good name for me in my second fight back,” Said Skeete.
“He’s competed at world championship level, he’s got plenty of experience and has never been stopped, to me he’s a dangerous challenger and he’ll be looking to cause an upset by beating me over here,”
“When an opponent I’ve faced has never been stopped, in my mind I want to get the stoppage to shut people up who say I can’t punch. I’ll be looking to be the first to stop him and make a big statement,”
“The Gavin loss has made me hungrier and more determined to get to the world title. I still say that I won that fight against him, but I’ll get the chance one day to right it. Right now I’m focusing on Zamora and making sure I do a good job on him.”
Prince Patel Signs Deal
Hot flyweight prospect Prince Patel has signed a promotional deal with Queensberry Promotions as he looks to become British boxing’s next big star.
The flash and brash 22-year-old from Acton, London, made an explosive pro debut last month at the York Hall, Bethnal Green, blasting out Patrik Kovacs with a devastating left hook.
Patel’s ambition is to win and unify world titles starting at flyweight and believes that he could progress through each division to super-featherweight in his quest to be a British great.
“Frank Warren is an iconic figure in British Boxing and has promoted some of the biggest names in the sport so I’m thrilled to put my career in his hands at Queensberry Promotions,” Said Patel.
“He’s the very best in this business and I believe that he’s the man who will get me where I want to be in my career and that is a multiple time and multiple weight world champion and prove myself to be one of the British great,”
“I’ll be like a marmite type fighter, fans will either love me or hate me, but as long as they turn up at the arena or turn on BoxNation to see me win or get beat, I don’t care as long as they see me. I’m flashy and I like to entertain, but I love boxing and respect the sport and will always give it one hundred percent,”
“Domestically in the flyweight division I don’t see any real problems, there’s the amateur rivalry with Charlie Edwards to be settled and I’m sure we’ll meet down the line, but I know for a fact he had a questionable chin in the amateurs and that won’t improve in the pros so I’m confident of knocking him out if we do meet. If the opponents I’m facing can’t take the power they’ll get taken out, simple as that.”
Promoter Frank Warren, who’s last Prince – showman Naseem Hamed – went on to become the biggest attraction in world boxing during the mid-1990s, added, “I’m delighted to welcome the new Prince to Queensberry Promotions and look forward to working with him. He’s a young prospect and needs direction with his career and I’lI certainly give him that as we build him up. He looks like an exciting talent following his first round KO win last month and we’ll now establish some momentum with him.”
Joe Pigford Set for Debut with Queensberry
Dynamite-punching Southampton prospect Joe Pigford is aiming for an explosive performance on his Queensberry Promotions debut at the SSE Arena, Wembley on May 9th.
The red-hot 21-year-old has a massive fan base who follow their hero around the country to be thrilled by his all-action, hard-hitting style. He has halted six out of his seven opponents with all of his stoppages coming inside three rounds and has only gone the four round distance once.
In his last fight earlier this month, Pigford blasted out Lewis van Poetsch in just 1:46 of the first round, showing the considerable power in his right hand to drop Poetsch twice before the referee waved it off.
Pigford has now signed a promotional contract with Queensberry Promotions that sees the hammer-fisted youngster join top undefeated 154lb talents: Liam Smith, the new WBO Intercontinental Champion, Commonwealth Champion Liam Williams, plus Joe Selkirk, Lloyd Ellett and Gary Corcoran, under the same banner.
He will face Simone Lucas in a four-round contest at the SSE Arena and aims to show he’s championship material as he looks to target domestic titles before working his way up the world scene.
“It’s a real honour to join Frank Warren at Queensberry Promotions and I’m looking forward to having my first for them at the SSE Arena, Wembley, with an exciting showing and moving on up towards my first title,” Said Pigford.
“Frank is the biggest promoter in the country and with the knowledge and experience he’ll get me to where I want to be in my career and to achieve my dreams,”
“I’ve got a reputation as a puncher, but I don’t go looking for the knockout or rely on my power to win fights. I know that I can punch with both hands, but I’m looking to get as many rounds and as much experience as I can as I move up the ladder,”
“The light-middleweight division in Britain is looking really good right now and I’ve arrived at just the right time. Liam Smith and Liam Williams are the top guys, and behind them are Selkirk, Ellett and Corcoran coming through. They’re good names but I believe that I’ll be ready to mix with any of them in a few more fights,”
“The name of the game now is to keep active and keep the momentum going, I’ve got that now I’ve signed with Queensberry and it will be onwards and upwards for me.”