Jake Paul and Tyron Woodley are set to renew their rivalry in a rematch this Saturday night in Florida.
Paul (4-0, 3 KOs) and Woodley (0-1) will meet almost four months after their first battle, in which the former won by split decision in his hometown of Ohio.
Woodley was drafted in for Saturday’s rematch after Tommy Fury withdrew from his scheduled showdown with ‘The Problem Child’ on December 6, citing a bacterial chest infection and broken rib.
Woodley, who made his professional debut against YouTuber star-turned boxer Paul, had his undefeated rival rocked for the first time in his career in the fourth round, but was unable to capitalise, with the 24-year-old securing his fourth professional win.
The ex-UFC welterweight champion demanded a rematch in his post-fight interview with SHOWTIME, with Paul insisting he would only agree to it should the 39-year-old fulfil a bizarre pre-fight bet for the loser to get a tattoo of the winner’s name, with Woodley later honouring the bet, inking a ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo onto his finger.
It is unclear the ambitions of either men beyond this bout, although Paul, who also has wins over AnEsonGib, Nate Robinson and Ben Askren, has admitted he is wary of revisiting a clash with Fury, given his rival’s late-notice pull-out.
The bout will be contested at a catchweight of 192lbs and fought over eight rounds.
View this post on Instagram
Paul vs Woodley II – Date and Venue
- Paul and Woodley will clash at the Amalie Arena on Saturday 18 December at the Amalie Arena, Tampa, Florida, USA.
Paul vs Woodley II – How To Watch It
- The fight card will be broadcast on SHOWTIME pay-per-view in the USA for $59.95, the same price as the first fight card.
- The fight card will be broadcast on FITE TV pay-per-view in the UK and all other territories apart from Latin America, Brazil and the Caribbean for $23.99.
Paul vs Woodley II – Start Time
- The fight card is set to be broadcast from 12.00am GMT with main event ring walks no earlier than 04.00am GMT and subject to change, depending on undercard timings.
Paul vs Woodley II – Undercard
- Amanda Serrano vs Miriam Gutierrez – lightweight
- Liam Paro vs Yomar Alamo – super lightweight
- J’Leon Love vs Marcus Oliveira – cruiserweight
- Jeovanny Estela vs Chris Rollins – welterweight
- Anthony Taylor vs Chris Avila – light heavyweight
- Deron Williams vs Frank Gore – heavyweight
Paul vs Woodley – What Has Been Said?
“When my team woke me up on Friday to tell me Tommy was pulling out, I told them I’m ready to fight anyone on December 18,” said Paul.
“Troy, Trey, Trevor, Travis. I don’t give a damn who it is.
“So, as I predicted Tommy Fumbles and Tyron is there to pick it up, stepping in, and contractually he is getting an extra $500,000 if he knocks me out.
“First time I outboxed him. This time I’m gonna punish him and leave no doubt.”
“Of course I am [a tougher fight than Fury], s***,” Woodley told TMZ Sports.
“That’s why he took [the Fury] fight instead. He made a double wager and then didn’t honor it because s***, why would he go back and give me the chance to finish off what I started now that I’ve been in there with him.
“I just feel like, definitely [I have to knock him out], I can’t leave any doubt.”