Mark Heffron says he is prepared to leave it all on the line when he faces Lennox Clarke at the Copper Box Arena on Saturday night.
Heffron (27-2-1, 21 KOs) challenges Clarke (20-1-1, 8 KOs) for his British and Commonwealth super middleweight titles, as well as the vacant IBF Inter-Continental belt, on the undercard of Hamzah Sheeraz’s showdown with Francisco Torres, live on BT Sport.
The 30-year-old is looking to become a British champion at the third attempt having previously fallen short at middleweight to Liam Williams and Denzel Bentley and admits a victory would mean everything to him.
“I think it’s going to be a very good fight,” Heffron told proboxing-fans.com at Thursday’s press conference.
“I’m prepared for hell. A good solid 12 rounds I’m ready for it.
“If it goes 12 rounds I’m more than ready for that.
“It would mean the absolute world to me.
“It just doesn’t feel real, I’m just looking forward to it and I can’t wait for it.”
Clarke claimed the belts at the second attempt after bouncing back from defeat to Lerrone Richards to stun Willy Hutchison with a fifth round stoppage victory last March and fights for the first time since that bout on Saturday.
Heffron was forced to retire following a horror eye injury in his rematch with Bentley, following a drawn first bout and has since secured two stoppage wins on the small hall circuit, having moved up in weight.
The Oldham man, who is trained by Joe Gallagher, admits he feels much more comfortable at super middleweight heading into his bout with the 31-year-old.
— Mark Heffron ♛ (@Markheffron91) July 14, 2022
“Making middleweight was absolutely killing me,” he added.
“I was just dead at the weight.
“For the last Denzel Bentley fight, obviously my manager was there when I was doing the weight and he said after this fight we’re going to go back up to super middleweight and obviously after the fight we’ve done it.”
Watch the full interview with Mark Heffron below: