Terence Crawford and Shawn Porter are set to meet in an eagerly-anticipated welterweight world title showdown this weekend.
Crawford (37-0, 28 KOs) puts his undefeated record and WBO crown on the line against former two-time welterweight titlist, Porter (31-3-1, 17 KOs) in Las Vegas.
The WBO ordered the pair to fight in July and after an extension was granted by the governing body, Top Rank (Crawford’s promoter) and Premier Boxing Champions (Porter’s promoter) came to an agreement, avoiding an expected purse bid.
For ‘Bud’ it’s an opportunity to finally notch a victory against an elite welterweight and silence the doubters, who despite his ability and status as one of the pound-for-pound best, claim he hasn’t fought anyone of top level at 147 pounds, having defeated Jose Benavidez Jr, Amir Khan, Egidijus Kavaliauskas and Kell Brook after wining the title from Jeff Horn in 2018.
Whilst a mega fight with unified WBC and IBF champion, Errol Spence Jr has failed to come to fruition, ‘Showtime’ will undoubtedly prove to be his stiffest test.
The 34-year-old was edged by Spence Jr on a split decision in 2019, beat Danny Garcia and now-WBA champion, Yordenis Ugas and also shared the ring with the likes of Keith Thurman and Adrien Broner.
Both men have been out of the ring for over a year with Crawford halting Brook in four rounds last November, whilst Porter secured a unanimous decision win over Sebastian Formella in August.
View this post on Instagram
Crawford vs Porter – Date, Venue, Start Time & Ring Walks
- Crawford and Porter will clash on Saturday 20 November 2021 at the Michelob Ultra Arena at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Las Vegas.
- The fight is not expected to take place any earlier than 04.00 GMT, although timings are subject to change depending on undercard timings.
Crawford vs Porter – How To Watch The Fight
- The fight will be broadcast in the UK on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Arena, with coverage starting at 02.00 GMT.
- The fight will be broadcast in the USA on ESPN+ pay-per-view, costing $69.99.
Crawford vs Porter – Last Three Fights
- Terence Crawford bt Kell Brook – 4th round TKO
- Terence Crawford bt Egidijus Kavaliauskas – 9th round TKO
- Terence Crawford bt Amir Khan – 6th round TKO
- Shawn Porter bt Sebastian Formella – UD
- Errol Spence Jr bt Shawn Porer – SD
- Shawn Porter bt Yordenis Ugas – SD
Crawford vs Porter – Undercard
- Esquiva Falcao vs Patrice Volny – middleweight
- Janibek Alimkhanuly vs Hassan N’Dam – middleweight
- Raymond Muratalla vs Elias Araujo – lightweight
- Adam Lopez vs Adan Ocha – featherweight
- Isaac Dogboe vs Christopher Diaz – featherweight
- Karlos Balderas vs Julio Cortez – super featherweight
- Tiger Johnson vs Antonius Grable – welterweight
Crawford vs Porter – What Has Been Said?
“This is just one of the big challenges that I’ve been yet to face, that this is a top PBC fighter,” Crawford told talkSPORT Fight Night.
“Everybody has always wanted to see how I fared against PBC’s top fighters.
“This is one of them, we’re here now.
“I think Shawn Porter really [will] bring the best out of Terence Crawford.
View this post on Instagram
“And I believe Terence Crawford is gonna bring the best out of Shawn Porter.
“That’s why November 20 is gonna be a great night of boxing.”
“I am different,” Porter said on a media Zoom conference call.
“Take a look at any of my fights, and you’ll see the versatility that I have, and he has not been in the ring with that, and I don’t think any of the other elite guys I’ve been in the ring with had seen anything like me before, and they never will. I’m one of a kind.
“When you are rare and people aren’t used to seeing what you have and can present, it’s hard to adjust to on fight night.
“I think that my experiences on top of my skills and everything I have makes me the guy.
“When I look and I see the way he likes to move, and I don’t allow him to move that way and disrupt things, he’s someone who’s an emotional fighter.
“He’s gonna get uncomfortable and it’s gonna start to fester mentally and emotionally, and it’s gonna show up in the fight.”