Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce will finally collide in a blockbuster domestic clash on October 24th at the O2 Arena.
The highly-anticipated British, Commonwealth and European title fight was originally set for April 11th, however was moved to July 11th following the coronavirus pandemic, which had put sport on hold.
Hall of Fame Promoter Frank Warren had previously said the fight could not happen without a crowd, however an audience is expected to be present at the O2 and the 68-year-old insists the winner will be in line for a World title shot.
“It will be a fight to remember and what a boost for British boxing,” Warren said.
“Everyone wants to see it. Lockdown has meant a delay, but we all want the fight to take place in October and we are hopeful that the government will give us the all clear.
“What a position the winner will be in. They will be nailed on for a world title shot in 2021.”
Dubois, (14-0, 13 KOs) who stopped Kyotaro Fujimoto in December has high ratings with both the WBO and WBC and his WBC Silver and WBO international belts will be at stake.
And the 22-year-old Londoner, who revealed he would be willing to face former WBC World champion Deontay Wilder, has warned his rival to be ready for their high-stakes clash.
“It has been tough during lockdown,” Dubois added.
“But I have ticked over and I’m back in the Peacock gym helping my sparring partner Dorin Krasmaru get ready for his behind closed doors fight on Frank Warren’s bill on July 10.
“Hopefully in the near future I will be able to get some good overseas sparring in. I’ll be ready for October 24, so I hope Joe is coming prepared.”
Joyce (10-0, 9 KOs) will have been out of the ring over 15 months when he faces Dubois with his last fight a unanimous decision victory over Bryant Jennings in July 2019 at the O2.
However, the Olympic Silver medalist and former Commonwealth champion, who realigned with former coach Ismael Salas remains confident of inflicting a first defeat on his former sparring partner.
“It was great news to get the new date so I can finally punch up Dubois,” the 34-year-old said.
“Obviously once lockdown started I had a good idea we wouldn’t meet in July, but I was always staying on top of training.
“Now gyms are open for athletes I can kick on and just keep my focus on the new date, finally settling the score with Dubois and moving on to a world title fight.”
The announcement comes a week after it was confirmed that Queensberry Promotions will return to action on July 10th behind closed doors at BT Studios, with Brad Foster’s (12-0-2, 5 KOs) British and Commonwealth Super Bantamweight clash with James Beech (12-0, 2 KOs) opening proceedings.
Existing ticket holders who cannot attend the rearranged date can get refunds from their point of purchase.
£400 Ringside – Hospitality
£55 Upper Tier
£40 Upper Tier