Marcos Nader (16-0-1, 2 KOs) is aiming for his biggest career success to date. Originally, the Austrian already had the chance to defeat his foe on November 2 of last year. The 23-year-old took on current EU-Champion Roberto Santos (18-6-3, 10 KOs) at the Multiversum Schwechat, near the airport of Vienna, Austria.
After twelve thrilling rounds the fight went to the scorecards and the judges called it a draw (115:114, 114:114 and 114:114). Now, a rematch is planned, and the opening press conference was recently held to discuss the upcoming affair.
“I did review the fight on tape a couple of times. It was a close call but I believe that I did enough to win it,” said Nader at the official press conference on Tuesday.
And the big hope of Austrian boxing is planning to put on a great show for the rematch on April 13. “I am extremely motivated. We did learn a lot during the first fight and will bring the title to Austria.”
Coach Otto Ramin agrees with his prodigy: “We will make it a lot easier for the judges. Marcos won’t leave any doubts on who the winner is come April 13.”
However, beating Roberto Santos will not be an easy task. Unsurprisingly, the Spaniard wants to hold on to his beloved EU-Title.
“Of course it won’t be easy fighting in front of a hostile crowd. But the pressure is bigger on Marcos as he is fighting in his backyard,” said the reigning champion.
“My preparation is very professional. I have already started with sparring. The training will get even more intense over the coming weeks. I will be in great shape and win the fight.”