Both undefeated and World Boxing Association (WBA) No.-1 ranked super bantamweight Rico Ramos and former world title challenger Alejandro Valdez weighed in at 122.5 pounds during Thursday’s weigh in at Bally’s Atlantic City Hotel & Casino.
Ramos, of Pico Riviera, Calif., will look to keep his perfect 18-0 (10 KOs) record in tact and move one step closer to a world title when he faces Valdez (24-4-2, 17 KOs), of Ciudad Obregon, Mexico, in a 10-round 122-pound main event of ShoBox: The New Generation tomorrow/Friday, Feb. 1, LIVE on SHOWTIME® (11 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast).
Unbeaten rising knockout artist Cornelius White (15-0, 14 KOs) tipped the scales at 167 pounds and once-beaten Chicago native and fellow super middleweight prospect Don George (20-1-1, 17 KOs) measured 168 pounds for their 10-round super middleweight co-feature.
Friday’s fights will originate from Bally’s Grand Ballroom in Atlantic City, N.J., and are promoted by Goossen Tutor Promotions.
- Former world title challenger Alejandro Valdez, left, and undefeated and World Boxing Association (WBA) No.-1 ranked super bantamweight Rico Ramos both weighed in at 122.5 pounds during Thursday’s weigh in at Bally’s Atlantic City Hotel & Casino.
- Unbeaten rising knockout artist Cornelius White (left) measured 167 pounds and once-beaten Chicago native Don George weighed in at 168.
- White, Valdez, Ramos, George – All four fighters will fight Friday night on ShoBox: The New Generation tomorrow/Friday, Feb. 11
- Super Bantamweights Alex Valdez and Rico Ramos pose with the Corona Girls at the weigh in
- Super Middleweight opponents Cornelius White and Don George pose with the Corona Girls
- Heavyweight’s Derric Rossy and “Fast” Eddie Chambers pose at the official weigh in
- Cornelius White, Alex Valdez, Rico Ramos and Don George at the official weigh in at Bally’s Atlantic City
What the fighters had to say on Thursday:
“Tomorrow night you can expect to see a lot of jabs from me, right hand ring generalship. You can expect that I will stay composed and use the ring a lot for to my advantage.
“I expect Valdez to come forward and brawl and try to make me lose my composure.
“I always expect the fight to go the distance although I don’t want it to. Alex should be prepared to come for 20 rounds!”
“Message to boxing fans: Be ready for Rico ‘Suavecito’ Ramos at 122lbs!”
“I have come prepared to give a good show for the boxing fans and win my fight. Tomorrow night I will be working on Rico Ramos by throwing a lot of punches to his body. If the opportunity lends itself for a knockout, I’ll take but I am ready for the full 10 rounds.”
“This is just another test that I’m ready and able.
“George is coming to prove that he is better than his last fight. I’ll tell you one thing, he ain’t going to prove it on me.”
“Coming off my first loss, this is a must win fight for me. If I lose, the odds are I won’t be boxing much longer. I don’t want to be an opponent.
“I don’t want to take anything away from the guy who beat me but it was a fluke.
“I’m going to try to be smart in the first couple of rounds but I’m not going to back down if this guy slugs.
“These laptop tough guys who have me in the right column will see I’m a world class fighter and not a “B” guy.”