Showtime will offer a robust block of programming across cable and digital platforms in advance of the “TOE TO TOE: Canelo vs. Angulo,” event, a live four-fight pay-per-view on Saturday, March 8 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Right here, you’ll get the rundown of the full Canelo vs. Angulo schedule, and you’ll also be able to watch a few new videos – including clips of All Access, and more fight preview videos.
More than a week’s worth of live and taped programming will be available on television, as well as the premium network’s website at SHO.com/Sports before March 8.
The blitz of programming begins with the premiere of ALL ACCESS: Canelo vs. Angulo on Friday, Feb. 28, on Showtime and concludes with Canelo vs. Angulo: Countdown Live on Saturday, March 8, a 90-minute live preview on Showtime featuring at least one live undercard fight (7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT). The eight-day marathon includes live coverage of the Final Press Conference and Official Weigh-In, full fight replays and a Showtime Extreme ‘Roadblock’–four continuous hours of programming on Fight Day beginning at 10 a.m. ET/PT.
ALL ACCESS: Canelo vs. Angulo
The critically acclaimed original series returns as SHOWTIME Sports chronicles the preparation of the fighters for the first boxing blockbuster event of 2014. Episodes 1 and 2 take viewers behind the scenes in training camp and into the lives of Canelo and Angulo, the power-punching Mexican countrymen as their intensity builds towards their 12-round super welterweight showdown. The final episode of the series, titled Epilogue, provides viewers unprecedented access to Fight Week, the drama between the ropes during the main event matchup and into the fighter’s minds in the rarely seen aftermath of world-class prizefighting.
- Episode 1 premieres on Friday, Feb. 28 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME.
- Episode 2 premieres on Wednesday, March 5 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME.
- Epilogue premieres on Saturday, March 15 at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME immediately following the live SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING presentation of Danny Garcia vs. Mauricio Herrera.
CBS Sports Network will air encore presentations of Episodes 1 and 2 following respective Showtime premieres. In addition, all three episodes will be produced in Spanish and premiere on FOX Deportes.
LIVE FIGHT WEEK COVERAGE
Showtime Sports will offer live coverage of both the Final Press Conference and the Official Weigh-In from the MGM Grand. The events will be streamed live on SHO.com/Sports with the weigh-in televised live on CBS Sports Network.
- Final Press Conference: Thursday, March 6, live from the Hollywood Theatre at MGM Grand beginning at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT.
- Official Weigh-In: Friday, March 7, live from MGM Grand Garden Arena beginning at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT.
FULL FIGHT REPLAYS
Beginning March 3, encore presentations of memorable bouts featuring Canelo Alvarez, Alfredo Angulo, Omar Figueroa and Leo Santa Cruz will air on as follows:
Monday, March 3
- Canelo’s memorable win over Austin Trout in front of nearly 40,000 excitable fans at San Antonio’s Alamodome from April 2013 (10:30 p.m. ET/PT, SHO EXTREME);
- Angulo’s thrilling battle with Jorge Silva from LA Memorial Sports Arena, Dec. 2012 (11:30 p.m. ET/PT, SHO EXTREME).
Tuesday, March 4
- Canelo’s SHOWTIME debut versus upset-minded Josesito Lopez from Sept. 2012 (10 p.m. ET/PT, SHO EXTREME);
- Angulo’s courageous performance versus Erislandy Lara from June 2013 (10:30 p.m. ET/PT, SHO EXTREME);
Thursday, March 6
- Fight of the Year candidate between Omar Figueroa and Nihito Arakawa from July, 2013 (10:30 p.m. ET/PT, SHO EXTREME);
- Leo Santa Cruz vs. Alexander Munoz from SHOWTIME PPV in May, 2013 (11:30 p.m. ET/PT, SHO EXTREME);
Select CBS Sports Network replays are follows:
Monday, March 3
- Canelo vs. Lopez (6:30 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network)
- Angulo vs. Silva (7 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network)
- Figueroa vs. Arakawa (8 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network)
- Angulo vs. Lara (9 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network)
Tuesday, March 4
- Canelo vs. Trout (8 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network)
- Santa Cruz vs. Munoz (6:30 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network)
SHOWTIME EXTREME “ROADBLOCK”
On Fight Day, March 8, SHOWTIME EXTREME will air four continuous hours of programming beginning at 10 a.m. ET/PT in support of the evening’s live pay per view event. The programming block will feature Episodes 1 and 2 of ALL ACCESS plus the aforementioned encores of Canelo vs. Trout and Angulo vs. Lara.
“CANELO vs. ANGULO: COUNTDOWN LIVE”
The 90-minute pre-pay per view show “Canelo vs. Angulo: COUNTDOWN LIVE” features live interviews, special features and a live, 10-round lightweight bout between two-time world champ Jorge Linares and Japanese brawler Nihito Arakawa. The SHOWTIME telecast begins at 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT and runs until just prior to the start of the SHOWTIME PPV presentation of “TOE TO TOE: Canelo vs. Angulo” at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT. “COUNTDOWN LIVE” is hosted by Brian Kenny and features SHOWTIME sportscasters Al Bernstein, Paulie Malignaggi, Steve Farhood, Mauro Ranallo and Brian Custer.