Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN this Friday, August 12 at 9 p.m. ET features undefeated featherweight fighter Miguel Flores (20-0, 9 KOs) against once-beaten featherweight contender Ryan Kielczweski (25-1, 7 KOs) in the 10-round main event, from the Turning Stone Resort Casino in Verona, New York.
Televised coverage features a welterweight showdown between unbeaten welterweight contender Jamal James (20-0, 9 KOs) and Cuban Olympian Yordenis Ugas (15-3, 7 KOs) in 10-rounds of action. James stepped in to replace undefeated welterweight Bryant Perrella, who was forced to withdraw from the bout due to an injury to his left thumb.
Highlighting undercard action is undefeated rising prospect Josue “The Prodigy” Vargas (5-0, 3 KOs) battling veteran brawler Ira Terry (26-14, 16 KOs) in a six-round welterweight attraction.
· Miguel Flores: The 23-year-old Mexican fighter has not lost since turning pro in 2009. He started 2016 with a headlining win over Mario Briones in January and dominated Ruben Tamayo over 10 rounds in May. Now he will face the toughest test of his career in his east coast debut.
· Ryan Kielczweski: A runner-up in the 2008 National Golden Glove tournament, the 26-year-old from Quincy, MA. fights for his fourth-straight victory on August 12. After his first defeat, he delivered a first round knockout over Anthony Napunyi in May 2015, followed by a win over veteran contender Rafael Vazquez in October. Most recently, he dominated Mario Macias in an April bout.
· Jamal James: A tall welterweight at 6’ 2”, James is undefeated as a pro and has beating tough contenders Javier Molina and Wale Omotoso this year. The 28-year-old out of Minneapolis also owns victories over Michael Balasi and Daniel Sostre. Las year culminated with a hard fought decision over once-beaten Juan Carlos Abreu.
· Yordenis Ugas: A sensational Cuban amateur, Ugas holds a Bronze medal from the 2008 Olympics, and Gold medals from the 2005 World Amateur Championships and 2007 Pan American Games. The 29-year-old owns victories over Cosme Rivera, Kenny Abril and Adan Hernandez.
· Josue “The Prodigy” Vargas: The 18-year-old Vargas recently signed with Floyd Mayweather’s Mayweather Promotions and dominated Ryan Picou in his U.S. debut in June on the Keith Thurman vs. Shawn Porter undercard in Brooklyn. Vargas picked up the first four victories of his pro career fighting in Mexico.
· Ira Terry: The 29-year-old from Memphis has shared the ring with former champion Jorge Linares and top contenders Claudio Marrero, Haskell Rhodes and main event participant Kielczweski.
|Miguel FLORES||vs.||Ryan KIELCZEWSKI|
|Houston, TX||SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT’S||Quincy, MA|
|20-0 (9 KO’s)||10rds.||25-1 (7 KO’s)|
|127 lbs||127.25 lbs|
|20-0 (9 KO’s)||10rds||15-3 (7 KO’s)|
|146 lbs||146.75 lbs|
New York, NY
|5-0 (3 KO)||6rds||26-14 (16 KO’s)|
|140.25 lbs||133 lbs|